This course will go over the basics of conducting a simple usability test for your library website. With the freely available tools and techniques presented, you will be able to gather useful information to improve the user experience of your website. You will learn how to develop a research plan, identify and recruit participants, conduct a remote test, record observations, analyze your findings and identify actionable changes.
Key concepts covered include:
- Understand what a usability test is & the benefits of conducting one
- Design a usability test plan including user tasks and scenarios
- Identify and recruit target users as participants
- Set up and run a remote usability test
- Analyze findings and identify actionable improvements